Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 13, The Doyle, Duncannon PA

The Doyle, Duncannon PA

Miles: 0
Total: 123

This was, hopefully, our last day at the Doyle.  I spent it practicing Ukulele and talking to the other thru hikers.  Our friend from NY-"Homemade" "shortleash" and "slammer"- caught up with us yesterday so it was nice to talk to them again. And then John McCrillis came into town too. Nice little reunion we had.   Yesterday I went to see the Doctor who gave me the go-ahead to continue hiking.  She said that if my ankle didn't' feel weak that I was OK to walk carefully.  Then I ordered an "aircast" from Rite Aid.   We picked it up today and I've been wearing it. So far it feels good.  Tomorrow we'll head out to the next shelter.  We're going to stop at the first shelter-only 5 miles on.  We thought a nice slow day would be best to test our bodies.  (well, mine).   I've really enjoyed the vacation from our vacation but I'm happy to get back on the trail tomorrow.  I hope everything goes well.  

Also, today we dropped by the post office and packed off 2.3 pounds of unnecessary stuff.  Very satisfying!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you got the rest you needed. It's a lot of fun following you guys on this trip, it seems like a great adventure! I'd hate to see you have to end it. Glad your ankle is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the blog and commenting! . It makes posting all the more worthwhile. Can't wait to have adventures with you again in the future. Also, thanks for the good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete