Thursday, May 10, 2012

AT Day 2 - Ed Garvey Shelter to Dalgrene Campsite

May 10
Shannon: We hiked 11 miles today, playing leapfrog with some international friends we made that morning, Gideon and Rafael.  We ended up eating breakfast lunch and snack together.  The guy from South Africa was quite the storyteller and had some great tales for us.
Hiking felt really good today.  I'm interested to see when it will feel different.  I bet come New Hampshire and the hard mountains I might change my Pollyanna attitude about movement.
Jamie: 11 miles felt fine on the feet but my shoulders are aching.  Still have not found the perfect pack set-up.  Nice day otherwise, the weather was great for hiking and we got a nice vista to boot.  Our campsite for the night is lovely- thanks to the state of Maryland for the free hot shower (we did our laundry there too,take it when you can get it!).

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, guys! I'm really excited to follow the two of you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete