Saturday, May 12, 2012

AT Day 4, Ensign Cowall Shelter to Deer Licks Shelter

May 12  - Day 4
Stops:
Rocky Run Shelter
Pen-Mar Park
High Rock Cliff
Miles: 15
Total 47

Shannon: Oh man do my feet hurt.  It started yesterday and has continued on.  the balls of my feet hurt, like Iv'e been wearing high heels.  I'm not sure if it's the shoes or the new activity.  I'll monitor the situation.  Also, my hips feel  a little bruisy but nothing terrible.  Like after a night of dancing.  But I' still feeling great about hiking.  We finished one state (albeit a tiny one).  We also crossed the Mason Dixon line and met the other flip flopper.  Great day over all.

Jamie:  What wonderful weather today!  I still wrestled with my pack (I cut off a portion of my sleep pad to add some waist girth - I think it will work with a second one), and that was at least a little more manageable it seemed.  Very tired today, but we had a fun time.  There is a nice little family sharing the site and they have a cute young girl who has taken to Shannon.  Not as many millipedes on the trail today, but we saw the bluest of all the birds (hard to see in the picture as it was far away and our zoom isn't that great).

No comments:

Post a Comment