Wednesday, October 24, 2012

AT day 164 - camping near Clyde Smith shelter to Curley Maple shelter

Miles ~23
Total

We walked through a random mountaintop spruce forest today.  It was at the top of Unaka Mountain.  There was a lady walking an Irish Wolfhound up there.  That was one huge dog.  After that we passed through a family gathering on Beauty Knob.  It was, indeed beautiful.
Recently I've been marveling at our ability to walk distance without needing a break.  Have I mentioned this before?  We walked 10 miles this morning before we stopped for anything longer than a bathroom break. Wow.  I just amaze myself. 
Also, I really love Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies.  We bought some at the supermarket the other day and we've been getting 2 daily.  They seem to be sugar masquerading as a cookie.  I also really love honey buns.   The unfortunate thing about these two treats is that when you eat them in the cold weather you can taste, well more like feel, all the grease coating your mouth.   Mmm.  Calories. Tonight we ate our normal dinner, 1/3 of a bag of sunchips, 10 chocolate covered pretzels (each), a little debbie and a hot chocolate.  I can't seem to stop talking about food.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment