Wednesday, October 8, 2014

King Richard's Fair and Connor's Corn Maze

I had another fun weekend of fall festivities.   On Saturday I went to King Richard's Faire with my family.  My Aunt used to take me when I was little and as I got older she would take my younger brothers and sisters. Guerline sent out a message suggesting we all go again and so we did!  It was wonderful fun! 

The King and Queen of Carvershire opening the faire! 

An acrobatic and comedy routine. 

We all got our faces painted within 5 minutes of walking into the fair.  Don't we all look beautiful? 

The Mud Show. We watched these two men smear mud on their faces, drink muddy water, and then eat mud.  They were hilarious and it was surprisingly entertaining. 

And then they kissed a boy in the Audience.  But it was pretty funny. 

The swan swing!  Nothing better! 

Up, up and away, in my beautiful, my beautiful...swan..? 

My sister Roses. Look at her pretty face! And those leaves are OK too I guess. 

$3 to ride down and a wire on that fun little horse!  Oh, and you get a sword to try and get the brass ring. 

If you make it to the top,  you win $10!  Roses, as you can imagine didn't make it.   Payton, with Guerline holding the bottom, did.  Then Guerline argued with the guy about the fact that he wouldn't pay them. She said the used "teamwork" and they still deserved the cash.  Hilarious.  Needless to say, it didn't work out for them. 

One of the best parts of the fair? Turkey Legs!  Look how dark they are!  They tasted like pork, it was so awesome. 

What did everyone eat?  Three turkey legs, a BBQ sandwich, chicken tenders and fries and Pizza.  All overpriced but relatively tasty.  Well, the Turkey was awesome.  The rest was just OK.  I don't understand why everyone didn't just get the turkey! 

This was, by far, my favorite show. These two women had excellent chemistry and great crowd management.   It took a few minutes to warm up but I was belly laughing by the end. 

That, my friend, is a baby liger! 

Couldn't go to King Richards' Faire without seeing the Joust! 

Payton LOVED the archery and wanted to do it 4 times!  Everyone joined in once. 

Look at that form! 

Watch out for all of our skills! 

Between all of us,  some of our arrows came pretty close. 

Here we are after our fun filled day.  From left to right, Bo, Guerline, Payton, Roses, Auntie, and Shannon 

This is a random photo of Maggie sporting her mustache at Taco Tuesday when we went for dinner at Margarita's! 


King Richard's Faire was great fun and it was followed up with another glorious Fall day with one of my oldest friends, Julie and her fiesty son, Connor.  We went out to Connors Farm Stand (yes, the son and the farm are the same name) to do the Corn Maze but it turned out to be filled with all sorts of entertainment and fun!

In the corn maze you could get clues to tell you which direction to go in.  Here's Julie examining the first clue! 

Connor is destined for photography!  Look how cute we are! 

Aww!  We made it up to get a view of all the corn! 

Don't get lost in the corn, no one will find you!  Connor is hidden in this photos somewhere. 

Wheel-of-Fortune! Spin the wheel and you're given a fun task to do. We got "follow the oldest and cluck like a chicken".  Very fun. 

All the fun things you can do at Farm. 

Oh you know, nothing like a stroll through a hay maze. 

I wish we could have ridden the little cows!

AHHH!   They are so adorable! 

Tractor! 




Connor didn't really love this, but I was really excited about it. They are little bicycle tractors!  After Connor stopped riding his, I got in line and went around a few times on my own. 

A giant working rocking chair. 

A big pumpkin!

A big pumpkin and a little pumpkin! 

A big pumpkin, a little pumpkin and a jack-o-lantern! 

No comments:

Post a Comment