Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Month of Blogging

Hello!
Today is my (Shannon) birthday. So far it has been marvelous!  It started two days ago with tickets to see Mary Poppins and then continued yesterday with a ballet of Midsummer Night's Dream in the Memphis Botanical Gardens. Today we woke up early to do a color run and will finish it all off with dinner tonight and maybe a trip to the fair!  All of this has been interspersed with eating and napping.  YAY!

All of this wouldn't be possible with the help and encouragement of our hosts here in Memphis: Matthew and Ashley. They've been so great in the planning and taking us around and, of course, letting us live with them on this cross country adventure.

Which brings us to the next point.  We are on a cross-country adventure. It's been AMAZING. We left MA on the 24th of June and have been doing lots of fun stuff.  Most of which you haven't seen blog posts about because I haven't been posting.   When I sit down to write a post I get overwhelmed with what to put in and what to leave out and ultimately I don't write anything.  Then I get frustrated that I haven't been posting and I hate being in that negative space.

With all that in mind and with today being my birthday I've decided to do some New Year Resolutions. The new year being my 34th year.  

I have two resolutions.  My resolutions:
For the next 34 days I will...
Write a blog post every day 
           I'm hoping this will kickstart me to be more dedicated.
Exercise every day
           a 5K run every day would be AWESOME, but I'll settle for burpees or something like that. Just as long as I'm doing some intentional exercise and bringing my heart rate up.

I've already explained the blog post one, let explain the exercise one.
Aside from the general benefits of "exercise" I've put this one in because I am usually good about exercise, when we aren't traveling.    Which is great except that we travel a lot. And I like to eat.   If I want to stay healthy enough to continue this lifestyle-I've got to be diligent about exercise.


So, that's it.  Just two. I think I can manage it.  You'll know how well I'm doing when tomorrow rolls around.


No comments:

Post a Comment